What you need to know first
Certification as a Green Neighborhood is a collaborative effort between you the developer and the Sacramento Tree Foundation (SacTree). Submitting your application is a commitment to a safe and healthy neighborhood by providing time, energy, and resources to the Green Neighborhood Program. In return, SacTree commits to providing the applicant with the following:
- Provide periodic consultation on implementing the program guidelines
- Verify each phase is successfully completed
- Determine achievement of Green Neighborhood certification
- Notify local jurisdictions and other parties of interest when a certification is issued
- Transition the project from applicant to the organization responsible for the establishment care and maintenance of the trees
- Collaborate with the developer to promote the Green Neighborhood status
After SacTree has issued the neighborhood’s designation as a Green Neighborhood, they will transition the project from the applicant to the organization(s) accepting responsibility for the trees. This last step is critical to ensure that implementing a Green Neighborhood does not end with the planting of the trees, but their care and stewardship are built into the fabric of the neighborhood.Get Certified
Levels of Certification
The Green Neighborhood Certification, includes completing all of the ‘core elements’ listed in each step of the program.
The ‘Gold’ level certification incorporates all elements of the ‘Green’ certification, plus additional measures that set an even higher standard of neighborhood design and level of tree canopy cover.